Cleansing the body, also known as detox, is a process that is very important for the proper functioning of the body.
A stressful lifestyle, lack of physical activity and improper diet can lead to overloading the body with toxins, which hinders the work of the entire system.
Usually, the body can cope with unnecessary substances on its own and, thanks to the proper functioning of organs, deal with harmful toxins. Sometimes, however, it is worth supporting your body and, through proper conduct, increase the natural ability of the body to cleanse.
Cleansing the body - what is it?
Cleansing the body (detox) is getting rid of toxins and unnecessary metabolic products from the body, which contribute to the deterioration of the functioning of the whole body.
Cleansing has been practiced for centuries by various cultures around the world, including Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. It consists in rest, cleansing and proper nutrition of the body. By removing harmful substances and toxins from the body and enriching the body with healthy nutrients, we can improve the work of the whole body, and increase the ability to maintain health and vitality.
When the body is functioning properly, it removes toxins thanks to the proper functioning of the liver, kidneys, intestines and lungs.
When is it worth cleansing the body?
Regular detox is a chance for the digestive system to rest and regenerate. It is worth cleansing the body when we notice symptoms such as:
- chronic headache,
- chronic fatigue,
- poor condition of hair, skin and nails,
- skin problems, e.g. acne.
Of course, in the case of undesirable, annoying symptoms, it is also worth consulting a doctor to check whether these are not symptoms of any disease.
Why is it worth cleansing the body?
Detoxification of the body restores energy and vitality, and also improves the functioning of all systems in the human body. Detox of the system can also:
- improve the quality of sleep,
- positively affect the regeneration of the body,
- support the digestive process,
- support the work of the liver,
- remove unnecessary metabolic products from the body,
- improve the functioning of the digestive system,
- cleanse the body of toxins.
How to cleanse the body of toxins?
There are many methods of cleansing the body. Some of them should be used for a very short period (maximum two days), others can last up to three weeks. Before starting the detoxification process, it is worth getting acquainted with all the possibilities and choosing the right method that will positively affect our body, and at the same time will not contribute to the occurrence of unwanted side effects.
The methods of cleansing the body include fasting, which consists in the complete resignation from eating meals for a period of one or two days.
Only healthy people can decide on fasting, but in this case caution is also recommended. It is worth listening to the needs of your body.
During this "diet" it is worth remembering to drink plenty of fluids.
In addition to fasting, the method of cleansing the body is also a juice diet. The variant consisting in eating only fruit and vegetable juices should not last longer than a few days, because it can lead to the rinsing of valuable nutrients from the body.
In turn, a juice diet used with easily digestible meals is a better solution and may last a little longer. It consists in enriching the daily menu with 2-3 liters of vegetable or fruit juices. Due to light dishes, the digestive system is not overloaded, and the juices consumed additionally enrich the body with valuable vitamins and minerals.
The most sensible solution, however, seems to be the use of a healthy diet, rich in products supporting natural cleansing processes occurring in the body.
Therefore, it is worth eating easily digestible meals that are based on fresh vegetables and fruits, wholegrain cereal products and lean fish, meat and dairy products.
Unhealthy foods should then be eliminated from the menu - foods that burden the body and digestive system, such as sweets, salty snacks, fast food, large amounts of red meat and white sugar, as well as highly processed, fatty and hard to digest products.
You should give up smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol and limit all other stimulants such as coffee or strong tea.
It is worth enriching the daily menu with products and ingredients that support the natural cleansing of the body, such as fiber, water, green tea and herbs.
Products and ingredients that support the detox of the body
At the time of carrying out a healthy detoxification of the body, it is worth including several important ingredients in your daily diet, namely:
- dietary fiber - gives a feeling of satiety, improves metabolism, and its insoluble fraction stimulates intestinal peristalsis and supports the digestive process. Thus, products rich in fiber regulate bowel movements and allow the removal of toxins from the body. Sources of fiber include vegetables and fruits, as well as legume seeds, bran and whole grains,
- green tea - has a positive effect on metabolism and stimulates liver function. Due to its antioxidant properties, it eliminates free radicals from the body and cleanses the body of harmful compounds,
- water - regular drinking of water and proper hydration are extremely important, because most metabolic problems begin with insufficient fluid supply in the diet. It is in water that nutrients dissolve and it is the environment of numerous metabolisms. Therefore, it is important to provide the body with at least two liters of water every day,.
- vegetables and fruits - they are not only a great source of dietary fiber, but also support the functioning of the liver and bile ducts, improve digestion and show antibacterial properties,.
- herbs and herbal infusions - They stimulate the work of the entire digestive system and support the intestinal bacterial biota, facilitating and strengthening the cleansing of the body. Herbs and spices such as cinnamon or turmeric can also strengthen the immune system and accelerate metabolism, while dandelion has a diuretic effect and supports the gradual detoxification of the body.
Physical activity is also extremely important, because movement stimulates metabolism and positively affects the work of the entire system. Regular physical exercise adds energy and strengthens the body, and together with the sweat secreted during exercise, it allows you to get rid of toxins from the body.