Men's health is a topic rarely discussed among men. Although men attach more and more importance to their appearance, it still happens that they underestimate the issue of their own health. However, a conscious man is a man who cares not only about his family and professional development, but also about himself - his condition, well-being and health.
A statistical Pole lives about 6-8 years shorter than a statistical Polish woman. Proper hygiene and lifestyle can help extend men's lives and help change unpleasant statistics.
Increasingly, you can find dietary supplements for men on the market. That's good because men have completely different needs than women. Preparations created for the male gender will allow men to supplement deficiencies and cover the demand for valuable ingredients.
Natural ways to strengthen men's health
Men are less likely than women to pay attention to diet or unhealthy everyday habits. In European countries, smoking, improper eating habits and drinking alcohol are more intense and more often noticeable among men than among women. Men are also much less likely to consult their health with a doctor.
To support men's health, however, it is worth introducing a few changes or modifications to everyday life that can significantly improve well-being, as well as have a positive effect on health parameters. So what should men pay attention to?
Proper length of sleep affects not only the improvement of well-being, but also the proper functioning of the whole body. It is during sleep that you can "recharge your batteries" and thus gain energy for another day full of challenges.
In today's busy world, we often reduce the amount of sleep because we lack time for other duties.To bardzo niekorzystna decyzja. When we get enough sleep, we work more productively and our creativity increases. Memory and the ability to concentrate are also improved.
To ensure high quality sleep and proper rest, it is worth eating the last, easily digestible meal about 3 hours before going to bed. In addition, it is important to lie down at regular times and sleep continuously for a minimum of 7 hours.
What you eat has a huge impact on your health. Therefore, it is worth your diet to abound in vegetables and fruit, which are a source of many valuable vitamins and minerals, the proper supply of which has a positive effect on the functioning of the body. A healthy diet should also be rich in whole grain cereal products, lean meats and fish, as well as milk and dairy products, and healthy fats.
It is worth eliminating highly processed products, ready meals, carbonated drinks, sweets and salty snacks from the daily menu.
It is also important to remember about proper hydration of the body, which determines the proper functioning of the entire system.
Regular exercise helps improve physical and mental health. They perfectly affect well-being and can also reduce the risk of heart disease.
Just 30 minutes of physical activity every day can significantly improve your health parameters. Therefore, do not hesitate, put on your sports clothes and go for a run! You can also take advantage of other activities, such as swimming, walking or tennis. The choice is yours!
No matter what sport you choose, your body will be better oxygenated and your well-being will improve significantly.
In small amounts stress is motivating, but in excess it harms our health.
Cortisol, which is one of the main stress hormones, contributes to lowering testosterone production among men. Thus, it not only reduces libido, but can also contribute to the deterioration of the functioning of the entire system. Testosterone deficiency causes a decrease in erythropoietin secretion, resulting in less red blood cell production. In turn, it makes the organs less supplied with oxygen and the whole body works worse.
Therefore, although it may seem impossible to implement, try to eliminate (or at least limit) stressors from your life. Physical activity or relaxing exercises can also be helpful to reduce stress.
Before you start taking dietary supplements, maybe is it worth going to the doctor? Sometimes trivial symptoms can result in the development of serious diseases, so do not underestimate any symptoms that worry you and consult your health with your doctor.
Some diseases are specific to men, e.g. prostate hypertrophy, and some occur in both genders, but much more often among men, e.g. ischemic heart disease. That's why it's so important to get tested regularly.
Have semi-annual blood check-ups, check your prostate regularly and after age 50 also get screened for colorectal cancer.
And remember that regular examinations are not about looking for the disease, but about the possibility of early treatment (and recovery) in the event of various diseases.
Nutrients especially important in men's diet
Although the demand for macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats and protein) is similar among both women and men, the recommended daily intake of micronutrients varies according to gender.
Men should make sure that their diet does not lack important macronutrients and valuable micronutrients. However, particular attention should be paid to the adequate supply of compounds and elements, such as:
- Zinc, which can support fertility and reproductive function and can also enable proper protein synthesis and take care of the proper level of testosterone in the blood. Micronutrient can also have a positive effect on the prostate and increase sperm production. Zinc can also protect cells from oxidative stress and have a positive effect on vision and the immune system.
- Selen - is a component of sperm and can significantly affect the proper production of male reproductive cells. It may also be responsible for testosterone metabolism and improvement of libido. In addition, it can strengthen the skin, hair and nails, support the proper functioning of enzymes and regulate the immune system.
- B vitamins - can affect the production of sex hormones, improve the work of the nervous system and improve the condition of blood vessels. In addition, they can reduce the feeling of fatigue.
- Vitamin C - can affect the production of collagen and can also accelerate the wound healing process. Its proper supply can also strengthen the immune system. Vitamin C has an antioxidant effect and can effectively inhibit free radicals.
- Vitamin D - It is not only an ingredient that supports immunity, but also can increase testosterone levels in the blood and positively affect the work of the heart. Adequate supply of vitamin D may reduce the risk of osteoporosis, as well as have a positive effect on the regenerative capacity of the body.
- Vitamin A, which strengthens the immune system and is essential for proper vision. It can also help regulate the work of the reproductive system. It can positively affect the prostate and the condition of the skin.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from oxidative stress. It can also improve the work of the circulatory system, positively affect vision and muscle efficiency.
- Boron - can participate in the production of estradiol and testosterone. In addition, it can help maintain healthy and strong bones.
- GABA - gamma-aminobutyric acid - can positively affect the quality of sleep, as well as increase the production of growth hormone. GABA can also lower cortisol levels and support concentration.
These are just some of the nutrients that should be supplied to a man's body every day.
A healthy and balanced menu is very important, which will help cover the demand for valuable macro- and micronutrients. Sometimes, however, only diet is not enough. In case of increased demand for nutrients (e.g. during exhausting physical work, intense training or increased stress), it is also worth considering the use of dietary supplements that will provide the necessary ingredients to the male body.
There are many vitamin preparations available on the market and gentlemen can choose whether they prefer to supplement the necessary micronutrients individually or in the form of a comprehensive dietary supplement tailored to the needs of the male body.