Vitamin complexes are collections of vitamins and minerals that, concentrated in one tablet, help to regain strength and good health. As you know, a healthy, balanced diet, an active lifestyle and no stress are important elements necessary for the proper functioning of the body. However, the reality is quite different. Our bodies very often lack key macro and micronutrients, and providing the necessary elements with the diet is difficult to implement. A complex of vitamins and minerals comes to the rescue!
Vitamin complex the key to health?
Although the most important rule is to follow a balanced diet and provide all the necessary vitamins and minerals with daily food, we all know that this is not one of the easiest tasks. Sometimes in the case of pregnancy, increased physical activity or illness, the need for certain ingredients increases significantly.
It is well known that micronutrients supplied with food are better absorbed into the body. However, it is better to take a dietary supplement that will not absorb 100% than to suffer from a deficiency of vitamins and minerals, right?
When the diet is not enough, supplementing the deficiencies thanks to the use of preparations with the right composition seems to be an excellent solution!
What are vitamins and minerals?
Vitamins are endogenous substances that are necessary for the proper functioning of the body, but they must be supplied with food, because the body is not able to produce them on its own.
In turn, mineral components are elements that remain after mineralization of tissues in the form of ash and are not a source of energy.
Division of vitamins
Vitamins can be divided into water-soluble and fat-soluble vitamins. The difference is that ingredients such as B vitamins or vitamin C are dissolved in water and their excess is excreted from the body with urine. In short, these ingredients are difficult to overdose. In contrast, vitamin A, D, K and vitamin E are dissolved in fats, therefore, to increase their bioavailability, it is recommended to take them along with a source of fat. Fat-soluble vitamins can be overdosed. Unlike water-soluble vitamins, their excess is not excreted, but stored in the body.
Division of minerals.
Minerals can be divided according to their content in the body. Then we distinguish:
- Macronutrients, i.e. compounds whose content in the body exceeds 0.01%, and the daily requirement exceeds 100 mg / day. These include potassium, magnesium, calcium or sodium,
- Micronutrients, compounds whose content in the body is less than 0.01%, and the daily requirement does not exceed 100 mg / day. This group includes minerals such as iron, zinc and selenium.
Functions of micronutrients in the body
Individual vitamins and minerals have different functions in the body. Vitamin complexes usually contain micronutrients such as:
- vitamin C, which has a positive effect on the body's immune system, relieves fatigue and is involved in the production of collagen,
- vitamin E, which protects against free radicals and accelerates the regeneration of damaged cells,
- vitamin B - supports the proper functioning of the nervous system and plays an important role in metabolism. The need for this ingredient increases especially when undertaking regular physical exertion,
- vitamin K, which ensures proper blood clotting,
- vitamin A - has a beneficial effect on proper vision and ensures proper muscle function,
- vitamin D is a component of strong bones, which is also responsible for the proper functioning of the immune system,
- Magnesium, which takes care of muscle contractility and has a positive effect on nerve conduction,
- Chromium and zinc - help to maintain normal blood glucose levels,
- Iodine and selenium - take care of the proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
Selection of vitamin complex
Various vitamins and minerals as well as various vitamin complexes are available on the market. It is impossible to indicate one, the best supplement. It all depends on individual parameters - occurring deficiencies, lifestyle and lifestyle.
- For people practicing sports and leading an active lifestyle, multivitamins are recommended, which include ingredients such as vitamins of group b vitamin c d and iron
- In turn, pregnant women are especially recommended for complexes containing folic acid, pantothenic acid, vitamin D or selenium,
- Women who complain of weakened hair and nails should take dietary supplements containing B vitamins, especially biotin, as well as zinc and iron.
A good composition of a vitamin complex should, however, contain an optimally configured set of micronutrients with high bioavailability. Therefore, it is worth checking the labels offered by product manufacturers.
Vitamin complex or individual ingredients - what to choose?
Are you wondering if a complex vitamin complex is a better choice than taking each ingredient separately? It is commonly said that if something works on everything, it is useless. Fortunately, this saying doesn’t apply to multivitamins!
Vitamin complexes are an excellent choice to counteract the existing deficiencies and provide constant access to valuable ingredients for people with increased demand. It is simply minimizing the amount of preparations taken without losing valuable compounds.
Contraindications and side effects
The only contraindication to taking multivitamin supplements is allergy to any of the ingredients of the preparation.
In case of swallowing problems, it’s worth reaching for products available in the form of effervescent tablets, which are also rich in vitamins and minerals.
It is especially important to take vitamin sets in moderation, according to the manufacturer's recommendations. Too little supply of ingredients will not do anything, while too much - can pose a threat to your health. Vitamin kits used according to the guidelines will not adversely affect your body, on the contrary - they will contribute to the improvement of your well-being and condition.
Kind of shot: VIT&MIN Shot 100 ml
Type: Vitamins and Minerals
Kind of shot: VIT&MIN Shot 100 ml