Building a valuable muscle mass - this is the goal of your training. Although a well-thought training plan is indispensable, the basis is a protein-rich diet. Eating kilograms of beef and chicken breasts does not sound attractive? Rely on protein supplements - there are three kinds to choose from: concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate. See the major differences and decide.
An average daily intake of protein in athletes may be up to 2 g per kilogram of body weight. If you weigh ca. 80 kg, you need to supply as many as 160 g of proteins a day. If you were to rely on a diet only, your daily consumption would be as follows:
- 1 kg of fresh cod
- ca. 20 eggs
- over 1 kg of cottage cheese
- a bit less than 1 kg of full fat curd cheese
- 800 g of chicken breast
These above-stated amounts are truly big and a stomach would not be able to take them due to its limited capacity. But here come protein supplements thanks to which you can supplement protein level in your organism, without overloading your digestive system.
What protein supplement is the best?
Protein supplement is a source of proteins which support muscle anabolism and help you prevent catabolism. However not all preparations are equally effective and fast – it depends on type of supplement. You need to know that supplements may vary in terms of absorption level, biological value and other parameters. In effect one protein supplement turns out to be more effective than others, and brings expected results earlier.
Do you wonder which protein supplement is the best? See below for brief comparison of three forms of proteins: isolate, hydrolysate and concentrate.
Whey protein isolate
Whey protein isolate (WPI) is a protein supplement with milk-derived ingredients. Its content is as follows:
- 80-95% of protein
- 1-3% of fat
- 0-3% of lactose
It is advisable to choose preparations based on cross-flow micro-filtration, which helps you avoid denaturation of active bio-components.
As for this protein, a good-quality isolate features fast absorption, which results in improved absorption of aminoacids.
Such protein supplement is recommended especially in pre- and post-training period. If you wish to supplement proteins in your organism, take the following:
- OstroVit WPI 90 - a supplement providing as many as 90% of easily assimilable protein; it has a perfect profile of aminoacids which boost growth of valuable muscle mass.
Protein isolates can be used not only to build muscle mass but also at a reduction phase.
Whey protein hydrolysate
Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) is a protein supplement obtained in enzymatic hydrolysis of peptide chains. This allows obtaining highly assimilable peptides and free aminoacids, instantly absorbed and used by the organism.
WPH supplements have the following features:
- protein content up to 100%
- negligible amount of fats
- minor amount of carbohydrates
An advantage of hydrolysate supplements is above all fast digestion - in only 20-30 minutes. This is why such preparations must be used primarily by persons on ketogenic diet and dealing with digestive issues.
Whey protein concentrate
Whey protein concentrate (WPC) is a protein supplement characterized by:
- 70-80% of protein content
- minimum amount of lactose
- minor amount of fats
WPC can boast optimal profile of aminoacids and good anabolic properties.
If you are into such supplements, try the following:
- OstroVit STANDARD WPC80.eu 900 g - a supplement with as many as 80% protein content, very good solubility.
- OstroVit STANDARD WPC80.eu 2270 g - a supplement of identical parameters to the previous one, in a larger and more economic box.
- OstroVit Whey Protein 2000 g - a product with 70% of proteins, supplying BCAA aminoacids.
You surely have a dilemma and do not know which protein supplement to choose. It all depends on your needs, expectations and... available funds.
- If you prioritize good relation between price and aminoacid profile, choose what most athletes choose - whey protein concentrate.
- If you want to supply your muscles with top-quality proteins and maximize post-training regeneration, consider whey protein hydrolysate.
- If the price does not matter and you wish to enrich your diet with additional ingredients, you should focus on whey protein isolate.
Irrespective of your decision, one thing is sure - choosing OstroVit protein supplements, you receive high quality.